Friday, August 23, 2013

Wednesday August 14 – departure day

After a 4:00am wake up call I departed by car from Middleton in South Australia very early on the Wednesday morning at 5:00am and drove 3½ hours to the coastal town of Wallaroo. From there I went on the SeaSA car and passenger ferry for 1½ hours on quite rough seas but it saved many hours of driving and gave me a chance to close my eyes and rest. It was then a 2 hour drive to the major coastal centre of Port Lincoln to stay there for the night. The logical thing to then do was venture to the Port Lincoln Hotel sports bar to enjoy some Coopers Pale Ales to contemplate life and try to calm down as I was so excited. One thing of concern was the big low pressure storm system approaching Eyre Peninsula with gale force winds later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment